Write a letter to the City of Monterey
Help save Ryan Ranch Disc Golf Course
Write a letter to the City of Monterey staff and elected officials.
- Use our letter template or write your own letter.
- Keep it professional! The city officials deserve respect for their hard work.
If you write your own letter, emphasize the following points:
- The city of Monterey has historically worked with the Stinging Jellies Disc Golf Club to maintain Ryan Ranch and host disc golf events.
- Disc Golf is non-intrusive and provides a volunteer workforce dedicated to preserving the space in a natural state.
- The city should immediately rescind the current request to remove any unauthorized disc golf equipment currently installed at Ryan Ranch.
- The City of Monterey should work with the Monterey Stinging Jellies Disc Golf Club to develop a temporary site use agreement to keep Disc Golf open at Ryan Ranch and begin development of a long term site use agreement that includes Disc Golf as a permanent part of Ryan Ranch.
Send by mail
Mayor Clyde Roberson & City Manager Hans Uslar
580 Pacific Street
Monterey, CA 93940
Send by email
Clyde Roberson, Mayor
Hans Uslar, City Manager
Dan Albert, City Council Member
Alan Haffa, City Council Member
Ed Smith, City Council Member
Tyller Williamson, City Council Member
More info on the Monterey City Council can be found on their website
To whom it may concern:
I am writing to you today to request the City of Monterey immediately rescind the demand to remove all disc golf equipment from Ryan Ranch Open Space.
It has come to my attention that the City of Monterey has made the request to remove disc golf equipment from Ryan Ranch Open Space. This request is unwarranted. The sport is non-intrusive and has no negative impact on the Ryan Ranch Open Space. In addition, the local disc golf community has historically worked with the City of Monterey to host sanctioned disc golf events and maintain the Ryan Ranch Open Space. Nevertheless, the City of Monterey refuses to develop temporary or permanent site use agreements with the Monterey Stinging Jellies. As such, I request the City Manager (Hans Uslar) and the City Mayor (Clyde Roberson) as well as the Monterey City Council immediately engage in developing plans to continue using the Ryan Ranch Open Space as a disc golf facility.
I’m confident that our city government, both appointed and elected, can work collaboratively with the Monterey Stinging Jellies to resolve this disagreement. As a result, the City would find a partner in preserving delicate and precious open space in Monterey County while simultaneously promoting safe and affordable recreation opportunities for county residents and visitors alike.
Thank you for your consideration